By TERESA ISLA
Megaworld Lifestyle Malls reopened its doors to the public last May 16, 2020, with more stringent safety measures to ensure that guests will enjoy a safer and happier malling experience inside its lifestyle malls and commercial centers.
Apart from compulsory wearing of face masks, guests undergo mandatory thermal checks and are reminded to observe physical distancing upon entry.
To ensure that guests observe physical distancing, “Social Distancing Ambassadors” are deployed inside the mall premises to remind visitors to maintain a 3-meter physical distance from one another at all times. “These social distancing ambassadors, who are also part of our security force, act as disciplinarians inside the mall,” said Graham Coates, first vice president and head, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls.
Keeping the guests’ well-being in mind, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls also introduced safety innovations, such as state-of-the-art disinfection chambers and digital thermal screening metal detectors at the mall entrances. The disinfection chamber scans the guests’ temperature, then sanitizes and disinfects them before entry. The digital thermal screening metal detector, meanwhile, provides body temperature as well as traffic foot count.
Megaworld Lifestyle Malls also reduced its malls’ carrying capacity to maintain the required “one person in every 2 square meters” density. Only 50 percent of each mall’s total floor area will also be opened at this time.
Air-conditioning has been set to 26 degrees Celsius and free Wi-Fi has also been disabled to prevent mallgoers from lingering inside mall premises. Based on guidelines issued by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), only guests ages 21 to 59 are allowed to enter the mall. Restaurants and dining establishments will continue to accept takeout orders. “The safety and well-being of our guests, employees and retail partners remain our topmost priority,” said Coates.
Here is the summary of safety and preventive measures currently being implemented in all Megaworld Lifestyle Malls:
- Thermal scanning and foot bath are mandatory for all guests at all entrances;
- All guests, mall employees and store personnel are required to wear face masks at all times;
- Social distancing of 3 feet within mall premises and when queuing at concierge, ATMs, cashiers, and comfort rooms is strictly implemented;
- Alcohol and hand sanitizers are available in various portions of the mall;
- Guests are encouraged to use cashless transactions for their purchases;
- Only guests ages 21 to 59 will be allowed to enter. Guests must present their IDs upon entry;
- Elevator and parking card push buttons are sanitized every 30 minutes;
- Parking cards are sanitized before deployment at the card dispenser;
- Sanitation squad is deployed at all times to deep clean door handles, handrails, comfort rooms, and common areas;
- Escalator handrails are disinfected using UV light;
- Dine-in is not allowed in all dining establishments;
- Pickup counters and drive-thru stations are in place for takeout orders and deliveries;
- Free Wi-Fi is temporarily unavailable;
- Air-conditioning is set at 26 degrees Celsius.
Check out this video and see how Megaworld Lifestyle Malls is welcoming back guests with intensified safety measures:
There are currently 17 Megaworld Lifestyle Malls. These include Eastwood Mall, Eastwood Citywalk and The Clubhouse at Temple Drive in Quezon City; Lucky Chinatown in Binondo, Manila; Uptown Bonifacio, Forbes Town and Venice Grand Canal in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City; Three Central Mall, Paseo Center and San Lorenzo Place Mall in Makati City; California Garden Square in Mandaluyong City; The Village Square Alabang in Las Piñas City, Twin Lakes Shopping Village in Laurel, Batangas; Southwoods Mall in Binan, Laguna; Mactan Alfresco in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu; and Festive Walk Mall in Mandurriao, Iloilo City.